Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Post

So, I moved to Zambia a few days ago - standard. I will be keeping a blog about my experiences here. 

I had a minute this morning, while I was waiting for my ride to the office to take a shot of the backyard of the house in which I'm living. It has a nice little pool in the back, but the real treat right now is the weather. It's probably like 80 or 85 during the day, and about 65 or 70 in the evening and morning. It's absolutely glorious. There's a rooster that crows adamantly in the morning (really, when it's still dark...he's a little too enthusiastic), but I can sleep right through it, now that my sleep schedule is normal. The multitude of song birds in the morning are also pretty epic. I'd open my windows and let the cool air come in during the night and the birds wake me up in the morning, but I don't have any screens on my windows, and the fear of malaria carrying mosquitos always quells that urge. 

Also, the neighbor's also have a papaya tree hanging over our wall, and I hope to take from the spoils of that errant planting sometime soon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment